Sunday, September 17, 2006

Eyeerrr!

Eyeeer!

Have you met consumers who have only themselves to blame when they took advantages of seasonal promotions without taking into consideration of all the things that they'd have to pay because they would have 'earned' a short-term gain for themselves and a whole mountain of bills for the next 2 years?

Well, I have.

These consumers would exclaim to you how smart they are, being smart enough to take advantage of the promotions and then turn around and complain about the high bills they have been paying as part of the terms and conditions. Complain about how things didnt work out as they meant it to be and how your company has been ripping them off.

I laugh, whenever I meet these kind of people.

I was msn-ing with a friend who's such a consumer. It was like one thing I would not expected him to do for he seems smart enough to know the calculations involved. Turn out he's still a typical singaporean, as part of the more ignorant population.

He had wanted to get a service from our company and since his account had got a deficit, he'd have to clear it before anything can be done. It's part of the company policy and everyone knows it's your responsibility to be returning things if you haven't, owe up if its your debt.

He has the cheek to turn around and say my company is making big bucks, sucking the hell out of them every month.

I was going like "huh? how come?"

And he said "We pay so much every month and I think it's not worth it because of (list of things he said)"

"But you didn't took up the service because you wanted to. You took it because you wanted the promotion. Am I correct?"

And he went mute.

He later went on and said "ya lo bo bian keep quiet lo..when it is over i'll speak like a big boss again."

Really. Goddamnit. Shamelesssssss la!

Wanna give him a smack sia.

But I just laugh it off. If he's that stupid uncle who drown my colleague in saliva, I would have done the same to him. For every sentence of critism that he voiced, I would return it with a series of why questions and at the end of it, point to the stupid person that he's the one who made himself all so miserable, so stop being a wimp-ass trying to push the blame on anyone else.

I may be a sales person, but at the same time I do not con you. I notify you of all the legal things that you have to take note and you make your own decisions if you wanna get these short term gains for a long period of bills to pay or you can save up slowly and get the thing you want later on without getting yourself stuck in some contract and stuffs.

So stop being such a smart alec and wimp-ass can anot?!

Makes me think of those middle-aged uncles and aunties who can't stop blaming on others for their plots when

  1. They make themselves out to be so
  2. They didnt make plans
  3. Wasted their time on useless trivial stuffs then on rectifying any problems they faced.

It's like the brat at home saying he has no $$ but he still can afford to go for beers and cigarettes.. all the vices, while my mom can say she's broke when she can go for facial treatments that cost a few hundreds.

It's difficult for me to understand what's going through their brain and mind when time should be spend on finding solutions and not on blaming who's fault and who's responsible.

Then sometimes I'll get really negative and would have this popping up in my head.

"Idiots and just idiots."

and I'll start feeling arrogant and guilty for saying that again.

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA