Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Movie Review: Ratatouille

Today caught Ratatouille with Chun Sang, Nasri and Shuyun. It was a good movie.. with cute moments, happy moments, sad moments and touching moments. I thought it was really cool since I felt that the graphics really look kinda real in some aspects. Take the hair!!

The hair of Remy! Or his brother that brownish, plump rat who eats anything in the junk! There were moments when I look at Remy and suddenly I thought I saw Motashi's shadow in him.

Like when I wrapped her with my palm and talk to her when I'm down. Saying things like "do you think I'm wrong? if you think im wrong climb up. if not go down" and you know what? She will be depicting the answer I'm thinking in my mind..

I missed Motashi so much everytime I see a hammie or anything that reminds me of her. So when I saw the scene of Remy and garbage boy.. when garbage boy placed his only hope on Remy and set him out of the bottle only to see Remy running off for his life, he was so dejected.

But Remy came back with cautions, wondering if he could trust this man.. or if he should help this man.

That moment I was so touched lor. I mean yeah, it means nothing. But I've seen that look on Motashi before. The look Remy gave when he almost got thrown into the water. That makes me all guilty again because that was the last look I saw on Motashi.

No, I didn't abandon her. Or maybe I did in a way because she died from a miscarriage and despite me trying all ways (except going to a vet, my parents were against forking out the money. Sigh) she didn't get better. Perhaps its because of her age but still.

I was so guilt-striken after that I didn't rear any more hammies after that.

And I'm still feeling so.

So! If you're feeling like you need a little warm fuzzy feeling, a little jolt-me-up-from-the-cold-machine-that-i've-become kind of thing, try it. Watch it. It's worth it! :)

I would rank it a 4/5 on the whole, but because it reminds me of motashi, I'll give it a full score because although the graphics were real, the emotions punch aint enough for the average people i guess. I mean, unless, you're talking about people like me who reared a hammie before and got reminded and got some sort of teary right?

and..

Motashi is still the best. :)

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA