Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Drugstore.com Spree!

It's mom's birthday today.. And we didn't get out for a meal because she and my brother totally forgotten about it! Then now they're blaming each other for it because its rare, once in a few years kind of thing that I actually said.

"Come ma, I treat you and kor for a decent meal. We can have a seafood feast!"

And they forgotten about it!! No wonder they were so grumpy..(me too. My crabbie...!!) Anyway, mom went to her workplace today and they got a notice that well.. they might have to go to hongkong at the end of this month for some work seminar kind of thing.

I'm supposed to go, but I skipped it anyway. It's one of those jobs that mom got involved and I'm the translator. I'm skipping the work part, not the touring part!

Mom was thinking hard and long about whether she should go just now. I worked my maths, did a quick search online and found that the promotions now actually made it feasible to go. My UTs ain't during that period of time and my new job aint starting till Dec 1!

...which means I can still take off-days for the weekend job if needed.. Haha! But nothing comes free in this world man. I gotta fork out $500, which is pretty much the sum of the (hotel + air ticket) for a 5D4N trip!

I can't wait to try out the LUSH! products at the HK outlet without burning a big hole in my pocket just paying for the SGD$50 shipping from Australia. That's kinda crazy actually, isn't it?

So.. the conclusion is that it's 90% confirmed that we're going. I just need to fork out the money.. and mom just got to check with the company for the dates again and the arrangement for me (i hope mom don't change her mind..) Weets! I guess this is a make-up for the taiwan trip we missed in September because of the Hanoi trip I was on. *the school really screw it up big-time anyway!*

I can't wait for the food part as well! Dim sum, pudding and all those road side stalls! XDDDDDDDDDDDDD *drools...........*

Oh.. and I just got a really small spree covered from drugstore.com using VPOST! It's my first time using it and its really cool. Drugstore.com seems pretty fast with the orders, but im not so sure about VPOST since it's only today at 5pm that I've placed the orders!

Apparantly huh.. the cosmetics in singapore is selling way over-priced or aint working as well as they should. The big brands~ So, the girls got their stuffs overseas at a cheaper price.  See the savings? *Hear hoorays behind*

And the shipping's not free okay! It's free because the delivery is made to a address in the US, before it is sent over. I ain't charged for that shipping, but for the US - Singapore shipping it's ..

Base Charge + Chargeable Weight ($9.16* per kg thereafter)

Shipping charges: $13.24 + 9.16 (1.3)= $25.148~~$25.15

Is acceptable la.. considering you see what they've got in the shopping bag, some cannot find in Singapore.. Some damn expensive in Singapore.

For example that Revlon. Heard its selling $29.90 here! omfg can. The actual price was USD$11.06 (with 20% off already) but somehow there's still this USD$2 off coupon thingy online so its so much cheaper now. USD$9.06 = SGD$13.10

Save: $29.90-$13.10=$16.80!!!

(include shipping fee still save at least SGD$10 lor!)

No wonder those pigus want to buy online la!! I was so tempted..(Actually I was very proud I wasn't spending any money until they tempt me.. :P) So I got myself a face polisher. Heh.. And I only realized its one for one after i bought it! :D

So i got two at price of one! and I heard it worked wonders. Ahem. Let's see how it goes.. That pretty sums up the whole day. Tomorrow's the time for my third wisdom tooth to be out! I am so happy and sad at the same time.. :((((((

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA