Saturday, March 15, 2008

Something Borrowed, Emily Giffin PT.2

"Well, be patient with her. You'll never regret being a good friend."

I consider this gemstone from my mother. One would be hard-pressed to disagree with it. In fact, it is the way I have lived my entire life. Avoidin regret at any cost. Being good no matter what. Good student. Good daughter. Good friend. And yet I am struck with the sudden realization that regret cuts two ways. I might also regret sarcrificing myself, my own desires, for Darcy's sake, in the name of friendship, in the name of being a good person. Why should I be the martyr here?

..........I would be forced to live with "What if" forever.

I like this passage from the book I'm reading now, Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. The way she describe things the way it is, its so close to my heart! I'm reading the book a little slower than usual, digesting one line after another more carefully than all my previous books. :D

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA