Sunday, December 16, 2007

On-The-Job!

For the first time in my life, I felt inferior about my chinese proficiency! It was all a disgrace really..

Well, im supposed to speak in chinese when the caller input chinese as their preferred language. But what happens is that the technical terms and whatsnot I do not know of how to express in chinese, i had little choice but to say them as it is.

Hence, I was speaking a mixture of language most of the time. As if that's not bad enough, I suddenly broke into english while explaining halfway to a customer.

OMG LA!

My mentor was beside me, mouthing the words for me to repeat after her. I was like a parrot learning chinese! To think i was still so proud of my chinese proficiency less than a year ago. Whatever happens to me now!?

Sigh!

Also, I had my 2 days of on-the-job training since saturday. Really nerve-wrecking for me and I became that shy charmaine who stutters and have to calm herself down by breathing in and out. The good thing is that after today's training, i felt more at ease and understood more on the utilization of the system tools, which aint really user friendly to me!

Over the 2 days, I've had some nasty customer and some really great and funny ones. Example would be this lady who called in really angry and we were actually on the phone for some time. Although I couldnt do much to help her, she kind of calmed down and even thank me on the phone in a sorta friendly tone. I hope my conversation sorta cheered her up a little no? :D

Another example would be this guy who is so desperate to watch soccer la. I have no idea what makes ppl so over soccer, but he was so over that he became desperate. Nuff said!

***

Am now watching the annual stars awards on channel 8. I hate to think but hey, how come all the lao jiaos (old birds) are getting awards instead of the newbies although they've had better performance, more exposure and higher number of supporters?!

Is this a case of appreciation for the long-time employees or what!?

Really wasted my time watching the show man.. as always. Grr! Am getting to sleep now. Goodnight!

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA