Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fish N Chips Experiment

I just cooked fish and chips and I've created my own recipe which actually taste good! (despite the abit chaota exterior) It's also my first time frying a fish and handling with one in the kitchen..

DSC01091

Ingredient:

  • One cup of flour
  • One cup of water
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • Garlic powder
  • Italian herbs
  • Pepper (grind)

Ok first thing is to have the batter ready. You add the flour, water, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, baking powder into one bowl. mix it till its smooth. Set aside.

Take out the fish, make sure its thawed and dry the body. Sprinkle the remainder of salt, garlic powder, italian herbs and pepper on both sides of both. Easy on the garlic powder unless you're really into it. Massage the damn fish. :D

Pour oil into pan. The oil needs to covered half of the fish so it depends on how big your pan is. Let the oil boils and slowly set in the fish. Cover pan and rise the fire-o-meter. 5mins later your fish shld be done on one side and flip it to the other. Cover pan and rise fire-o-meter again!

If you've got leftover batter, you can pour it into the pan and cook it as well.. it tastes really good. Hah! Best served with home-served limeade and original chips! :DDD

There are still room for improvements, for example how I flip the fish over is totally :(((( and its amazing that by the time I got my fish out it looks like the picture about and not totally charred. I should really get mom to fry it one day sia..

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA