Saturday, February 24, 2007

Work Smart

Today I went for my first day of my job, after the long hiatus.

I shan't mention how bad I felt about returning. The fear of meeting up with weird people; of instable income; of no time for a life and ultimately me betraying myself.

I can't visualize myself in a environment where politics and mind games -- strives.

I am but a simple woman *and a innocent one at that* and I hate playing mind games with complicated people with negative thoughts. Especially so, if that person is your friend.

Don't ask me why, but everytime I returned it seems that I am back in the game where evil plots are hatched.

If I got a sales on my 1st day, people say I'm lucky.
If I got more sales than they on other days, I'm really, really lucky.

Darn, don't my effort counts?

Really sick with this. Because you've been working, it's your effort when you get sales. Because I've not been working, it's luck that I've got sales.

What weird logic is that?

And I don't like people who thinks that I'm slacking because I'm singin' while working; chatting while working and eh, playing games to entertain myself while working. Like waving to people without saying a word and looking forward to their reactions.

I think I'm still working hard, but smart at the same time. I'm not wasting time on people who's all out to waste my time. I'm not wasting my mood on people who's all out to ruin my mood. And I'm smiling all these time because I think smiling helps you alot, especially in a sales job!

I've always believed in working smart, not hard. Not that I discriminate people who works hard or anything. But working smart really halves the time you spent on working hard.

People who worked hard and thinks they're smart because they're working so hard is a fool to me. I mean, comeon! You're proud of using 2hours to do something I completed in 10mins? Are you really so proud of it?!

And that's when my very big ego comes in. :D

I admire people who worked hard for something with a purpose. I admire them for their humble nature as well. But sometimes you just see people who can halve the time by working smart and they stubbornly think you're wrong just because you're working smarter and they're sweating more (for weird reasons) and they're justified so you're banned. Blocked and filtered out by the ear drums. The brain. The mind.

These people has something very very wrong.

They say the process is more important than the product. I admit.

And I use halve the time to make the product so I have more time to digest and understand the process.



From the work hard & smart,
Charps! :D
Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA