Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mummy's Curry Chicky

I have just polished off the last drop of curry on my plate. Concidentally, it is my second and last helping of the curry for today!

So my mom cooked a rather decent curry today as compared to the last one she did which was really watery and very 'coconut'. I never liked coconut milk, so I took only one bite the other time, which also gives the reason of my hesitant to try the curry chicken today.

BUT!! Look at this!

See? Ok.. maybe it doesn't look "ohh!!! so delicious!" but do you see the layers and layers of oil on the surface, like the ones you find outside? NOPE! But i assure you.. it taste better than those dipped in high cholestrol fats. The color wasn't that of orange or red but rather of a brownish color. I suspect its because of the shrimp paste and dark chilli that my mom put into the pot.

The potato are soft and the chicken wasn't tough at all.. unlike what they sold outside. In fact now I am sick of eating bad curry that after trying it once of any outlet I will avoid it the next time round. Now, Queenstown is the only one recommendation that serves great curry.

I wonder why singapore food has became so oily out of a sudden. Minced pork noodles suddenly get drenched in oil instead of sauces, curry chicken drown in oil instead of curry and even my favorite cze char dish - san lou hor fun(fish slice with bean sprout and hor fun) suddenly taste of OIL! :((

So imagine my happiness when I see the pot of non-oily curry chicken and when it taste just nice without the coconut smell overpowdering my tastebud. I only wish there was more kantan and chicky inside though!! :D

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA