Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cookies Baking Experiment..

I've been rather hardworking today.

I changed my bedsheets, tidied my room, baked cookies, blended drinks and read did some bible study on my own.

I also went to the dentist to remove the stitches; but my gum still feel weird. I don't think it have completely healed yet. On the way home, I went to AMK hub to get some groceries home(its the only place i know where they have almost everything until they went out of stock for my beloved PORK CUBES). Got some dimsum home for mom and bro too.. knowing they'd love the dim sum there. :D

Grrr! :P

Started baking at 9pm and got mom calling me a freak! I baked 4 batches in total, rather small batches I might say for the cookies are quite LARGE. The results as below:

1st batch: Completely burnt. Hardened like rock! Mom say its edible still but I took that comment with a pinch of salt.

2nd batch: Fine. I took note of the time, but the cookies were still a little burnt at the side.

3rd batch: No burn at all. Great except that it's a little too big still. It's not the diameter of the cookie that bothers me. It's the thickness.

4rd batch: Made some changes. Poured some hersheys and chopped almond on the plate and coated them with the flatten cookie. Baked them and it was perfectly fine!! My favourite. Mom's favourite. Everyone's favourite at home. LOL!

I'll show you guys the pictures here..

The 2 changes I'd make the next time round I bake would be to reduce the oil required. I might up the water level a little in accordance to the ratio and I'd make small cookies. I guess I need to spend more time on playing with the dough so there won't be cracks at the side.

I'm not bringing any of these to school not because it taste bad or anything. If anything, I'd say it tasted better than the commercial ones but I got sicked of people telling me how they'd prefer it to be. Crunchy, chewy or whatever. Baking experiments for me is solely a personal enjoyment kind of thing and comments from certain people made it all so sick and hateful.

Therefore, I'm keeping this batch at home or for my mom's guest. Maybe I'll bake during the new year period. I can't imagine a year just went pass like this! It seems like we just spent yesterday celebrating lunar new year at the seaside eating crab in that restaurant at Sembawang.

We're spending next year's at Clarke Quay! Eating on the cruise! My mom already made reservations!! HOOORAY! :D

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA