Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Little Daniel & The Promise

**This is a delayed post, from sunday.. 1July 2007.

Today a 8yrs old little boy called Daniel came up to me, pointed at smething and asked,

"jie jie, what is this? I am very interested in this."

"oh.. its something you use to clean your mouth Daniel. You know, brushing does not do all the job for you!"

"you mean, brushing doesnt clean the teeth for me.. that I still have 'the dirty thing' inside?"

"yes daniel, those are bacteria and germs that causes your tooth to fall off in future.. so you must learn to clean your teeth properly ok?"

I think little Daniel is a very smart boy because he came to ask me about the product before he pleaded with his mom to buy! But when he came with his mom, he said.

"hi jie jie, i brought my mom here to take a look.. i remembered she promised me a present if i behave."

"ohhh ok. *look at daniel's mom who'se going 0.0"

then his mom began to speak.

"so daniel, how much is it?"

"oh.. its $159 inclusive of this free $69.." i replied.

Daniel's mom reaction = 0.0""""""""

"Daniel, lets go!!!"

and she proceedd to drag poor Daniel off his track while he's trying to figure out why mom doesnt honour her words.

I guess the problem with kids is that they tend to keep promises too close to their heart and they're so fragile because adults really don't care about breaking promises. Money, committments are more important than a tiny little promise made to a kid. That promise is not worth a penny when compared to work and the likes.

I still blame the ones who broke their promises because it is they who made me cry no ends on nights and kept repeating the words "why why why" in my mind, murmers and they really don't understand why I'm angry and sad over it.

Because when that promise is broken, so is the trust.

So if the descendants comes out to be one who doesnt honour their promises, parents should really reflect upon themselves and repeat after me..

"why... why.... WHY?"

 

OUT!

Charps.

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA