Monday, October 19, 2009

long weekend

The long weekends finally here.. and over. Heh! I've been resting well enough for the past 2 days and what can I say? It's great! Monday to Friday is taking a toll on me somewhat, must be the amount of brain work and eyes exercise I've been doing.

Met up with Joel on Thursday night for dinner and he introduced a cute-looking friend of his to me. I'm starting to think that the friend's kinda cute because he's not as talkative and irritating as Joel is. Hah! Too bad it's a last minute meet-up and we weren't able to get QY to join in. She's still working at 7+ when we called her up! :(

Then it was a series of unfortunate events on Friday. Yes. A series. Basically everything that could go wrong went wrong.
First, I woke up late. Missed the company bus by a mere 7-10minutes. Decided to cab to work since I'm really reluctant to join in the morning crowd. There were 3 cabs and when I opened the cab door I make it a point to check with the uncle if he knows the way from my area to the office before I get in.

"Yes, yes I know." was the reply. I then boarded the cab. Minutes later, I got myself all so flustered and angry that all I wanna do is to strangle the Uncle till he beg for mercy. He turned left into this dead end turn (where you have to make a full round turn) when I ask him to go straight and when I realized I literally SCREAMED.

"UNCLE I ASK YOU TO GO STRAIGHT. NOT TURN."
"Oh here cannot turn is it?"
"I ASKED YOU TO GO STRAIGHT. STRAIGHT. TURN BACK NOW."
*he brakes and make a turn*

Good thing that lane wasn't used by many in the morning. Then remember how the uncle mentioned he knows the way to my office? That scum drove me up to the lane whereby it's a split towards the CTE and KJE then mutter..

"Which one ah?"
"Uncle I thought you know the route? Take KJE."
"No.. I don't know that route."
"Then you told me you knew? You were lying?"
"No I wasn't. Let's take the CTE. That one I know."
"But how long would it take to get to my office? This is a longer route you know and CTE is crowded at this timing."
"No ah, I cannot tell you traffic condition. I used to drive evening shift one. Different"
"But uncle usually you drive evening ok, how long does it takes you?"
"Erm I cannot tell you one."

Super wtf. By then I was fuming but not so much until the uncle rattles on and on about how lucky I am to meet him in the morning and whats not. I say, it's my start of an unfortunate day. :))))))))))))

I then make it a point to ask if he knows where's the nearest MRT ot my workplace. Yes yes was again the reply. When we passed Orchard (CTE AYE) he has the cheek to ask.

"So I turn left or right ah?"
"Uncle I thought you know where's the station is? I asked you so many times and everytime you know where it is now you don't know?"
"Long time never come mah."
"Then TELL ME MAH. EVERYTHING SAY YOU KNOW NOW YOU DON'T KNOW. YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IS MY FARE NOW BECAUSE OF YOU?"

When I reached my company site it was already 8.15am and I was supposed to be at office by 8am (I'd have reached by 7.45 latest by another cab) and the fare? A whooping SGD$46.95. The costliest I ever took was $27.70 during peak hour and we took an extra round because it was my first time there and I was lost.

"Uncle, I only got $30 cash. You want you take. If you don't want I can only pay you in nets but still I am not willing to pay the full cost. You told me you know the route. I will report you on this."
"Aiye told you already mah I never anyhow drive traffic condition.."
"Ok, whatever. Take the nets"

AHA! Karma. The nets refused to work. So after spending another 15mins trying to make it work I told uncle:

"Uncle I seriously no time to waste with you here. Give me your acct number and I'll deposit to you. This is my mobile number."

"Okay."
By mid-noon I've contacted comfort to discuss the matter with them and they mention that I should first discuss with the cab driver to decide if he's willing to settle on a reasonable cab fare before I decide whether to lodge a report or not. I then called the driver but he claims he's busy to talk to me and only called me around 6.30pm later. I told him that there's no way I'm gonna pay that $47 and he finally accepted my $30 offer. However the suayness doesn't end here. I went to draw money from the ATM and realized Comfort deducted the full fare from my acct! (DAMN) It's double suayness because 1)POSB can't stop the transaction, 2) the earliest I can get Comfort Bill dept would be on Tuesday since Monday = PH.

Did I mention that my lunch kakis were either absent or busy at work on that day? :(

Good news came in when I checked my acct on Sat and my money's back. Must be a rejected transaction. :)Currently enjoying my holiday. Heh. Isn't my company nice to let us off on a Monday when everyone's either getting a credit leave or nothing at all? :)))
Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA