Sunday, July 08, 2007

Jia Xiang Kolo Mee Pt. 1

Work today was more boring than before. Not only is Shuhua missing, beetle aka Liwei and bian tai girl aka xiao chen didn't came! :(

So I went to dinner alone at Jia Xiang and wanted to try out their famous kolomee, only to be eating curry chicken again. SIGH.

Curry chicky addiction have no cure I tell ya.

I ordered a set, with around 5 to 6 fried wanton + my curry chicken kolomee! Oh. And a cup of water chestnut drink. :D 

The servings for the wanton is pathetic. It's ok if you're paying $1.90 more for these wantons but never order the wanton soup alone. It cost $5/$6 and yes, it doesn't really make sense isn't it.. the people who tried it wanted more fillings!

As for the curry.. well. The potato was well cooked as in it didnt fall apart as soon as i took it up with my chopsticks (my chopstick kungfu is at its best when im eating curry nooodles!) and the chicken was tender though they've given me chicky breast. Noodle in it belongs to the famous kolomee that everyone's been raving about. Perhaps its because they've throw in the noodles with the curry so i couldn't make out the crispy texture. But one thing is.. it really does taste better than mee kia in terms of texture. It's chewy!

Pity that the curry is a tad too heavy on the coconut milk! The spiciness was nice. Heh! :D

Total Damage!

Would definitely go back and try their famous, authetic kolo mee. I will pray that I won't get tempted by curry again.. :D

 

From the curry lover,

Charps!

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA